I won't say much, let the poem speak for itself. To the one's who have inspired me, to the ones who teach (including Parents)
To my Teacher,
Today as I sit in a classroom full of kids,
Each posing a different problem, a different joy
Some bringing me a smile
Some just anger.
I sit here and wonder how you took it all
With the calmness and serenity you always possessed
How you never gave up on us
How you never ceased to guide us
How you always cared, even when we didn’t
Sometimes you raised your voice
Sometimes you turned our frowns upside down
But back then we never did appreciate you
Nor your efforts
But Today as I sit in a classroom full of kids
I am thankful for having you in my life
Grateful for having had a teacher like you
Someone who believed in me more than I ever did in myself
Someone who taught me some of life’s important lessons
My only aspiration is to be a Teacher like you
One despite the hurdles, comes out on top
You’re the best and will always be
Happy Teacher’s Day.
Satyawathi Yadav
1st September 2009
Singapore
1.9.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
we want news from Indonesia!!!
Post a Comment