Yes a very apt title for this entry....What shall I name Thee? I have no clue as to what this blog should be entitled, as there's just so much flow of powerful emotions and the croaking frogs are not providing me any tranquility. Wordsworth once said, poetry is a powerful flow of emotions in the tranquility of nature, but how is it so that the natural croaking of frogs provides me with none?
Oh enough with the blabbering fool that I most naturally am, i promised someone very special that i will start writing on my blog once i have settled in, i am almost there, hence this urge to write. An urge to write or the need to keep a promise? Oh whatever the reason, it's got me here and i am going to make the best out of this opportunity.
Opportunities are a plenty, but very rarely do we take them by the horns and do something with them. I am glad i haven't allowed this opportunity to pass me by, this opportunity and a few others which have brought me to where i am today. I wish my students would be able to say the same thing at 30. They are in a state whereby i can't seem to reach to them, they seem to knock down every opportunity that comes their way, i wish they'd take each opportunity by it's horns, but alas i have been a suffering spectator. What is it that i can do, to lead them to the horns of opportunity?
My dad said, I have been presented with a broken car and i have the tools to fix it, so i ought to fix it. Fix it, i have been trying, but i am sure there's something i am not doing right. Reflect you might add, but i have been, i can't seem to get to the source of the problem. Am i having too high an expectation, are my students not apt? I reckon it's neither, if one lowered their expectations, there's nothing in life to achieve. No one is inapt to achieve excellence, it's how we go about doing it that matters. And right now my students aren't doing it right, and i vow to myself to make them see light no matter how many nuts and bolts i have to screw and unscrew.
Aim for Excellence and Success will follow. (3 Idiots) A quote from a movie i watched over the weekend. I shall remember this quote when dealing with my students. I have to reflect and ask myself, if my pushing them is to ensure they achieve excellence or to ensure i achieve success? If it's the latter, then i had best change the game plan, this won't work.
Ok enough of my blabbering, till the next read, enjoy the croaking frogs, aim for excellence and lose no opportunity because you were too afraid. :)
Mocha Caramel.
27.1.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ins-pi-ring. ♥
Post a Comment