Remember that post i made a couple of years ago, about inspiration? Well i finally came face to face with my Antinious, my own Dorian Grey. A month ago, a spontaneous "let's meet up," text later, today i found myself writing again. (Of course there is more to it, but like they say the rest is history, what matters is the here and now)
This poem is specially dedicated to the better half of V.
This poem is specially dedicated to the better half of V.
My mind was
messed up,
My heart couldn’t
feel again,
Then I saw that
face I once knew
In that crowded
bar,
All was right
again.
That familiar
face,
The man I once
knew
Engulfed me in
his arms
I felt safe
again, I knew then
No one could
hurt me.
We had fun that
night
Old feelings
resurfaced,
He carried me
in his arms
We both fell
Fell hard, fell
in love.
I don’t know
how 13 years went by
But I know now,
I am not going to let him go again
I will hold on
tight
For the man I once
knew
Loves me and I love
him too.
The man I once
knew
Is the same man
I know today,
I love him and
he loves me too.
That night, he
saved me
He held me
close
He showed he
cared
Yet he was
afraid
Afraid of
getting hurt
Afraid his
heart would break.
To the man I once
knew
The same man I know
today
I vow to stand
by you
To hold you,
To kiss you,
To be your
strength,
And
To love you
more each day,
Till my last
breath.
Till the next read (Promise this time it won't take years), sip on some coffee and dance in the rain, for life is unpredictable.
Satyawathi Yadav
(Don't need a pen name no more)
No comments:
Post a Comment